Zelle<sup><font size="5">®</font></sup> is a fast, safe and easy way to send money to friends and family.LOG IN & ENROLL
We have partnered with Zelle® to bring you a fast, safe and easy way to send and receive money with friends, family and other people you trust.1 Zelle® is available right from online and mobile banking, so you don’t need to download anything new to start sending and receiving money.
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way for many small businesses to get paid. Eligible businesses can now use Zelle® to request and accept payments from their customers.3
Using Zelle® is:
Send money directly from your account to theirs, typically in minutes1.
Send and receive money with Zelle® online or in our mobile banking app.
There are no fees to send money with Zelle® from our online or mobile banking app.
Checklist: How to use Zelle® to safely pay others
- Do you know and trust the person youre sending money to? Payments can't be canceled if the other person is already enrolled with Zelle®.
- Does anything seem suspicious about the payment youre making? Is the recipient expressing extreme urgency or claiming to be from Texas Capital Bank? Are you paying in advance for the event tickets or an item you found online? In any of these scenarios, its better to choose a different payment option.
- Are you treating Zelle® like cash? Money moves fast with Zelle®. Make sure you enter your recipient's U.S. mobile number or email address correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions about Zelle<sup>®</sup>
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes1. With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank1.
You can send money to friends, family and others you trust1.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes1, it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle®.
- To get started, log into Texas Capital Bank’s online banking or mobile app, navigate to ‘Move Money’ and select "Send Money with Zelle®". Accept terms and conditions, enter your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you're ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle®.
- To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you'd like to send and an optional note, review, then hit "Send." In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1.
- To request money using Zelle®, choose "Request," select the individual from whom you'd like to request money, enter the amount you'd like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request"1.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
If you have already enrolled with Zelle®, you do not need to take any further action. The money will be sent directly into your bank account and will be available typically within minutes1.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select Texas Capital Bank.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle® using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter or neighbor1.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes1, Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
Neither Texas Capital Bank nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
It's easy — Zelle® is already available within Texas Capital Bank’s mobile banking app and online banking within ‘Move Money’! Check our app or sign-in online and follow a few simple steps to enroll with Zelle® today.
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle® here.
If your recipient's financial institution isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle® by downloading the Zelle app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle® app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle® does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
When you enroll with Zelle® through your online banking account, or mobile banking app, your name, the name of your bank, and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle® (no sensitive account details are shared – those stay with Texas Capital Bank).
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle® looks up the email address or mobile number in its "directory" and notifies Texas Capital Bank of the incoming payment. Texas Capital Bank then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
In order to use Zelle®, the sender and recipient's bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn't yet enrolled with Zelle®. To check whether the payment is still pending because the recipient hasn't yet enrolled, you can go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel, and then select "Cancel This Payment."
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back. If you aren't able to get your money back, please call Client Support at 877.839.2265 so we can help you.
Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to your recipient’s account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) are made available by Texas Capital Bank but are a separate service from Zelle® and can take 1 to 3 business days to process.
You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
Money sent with Zelle® is typically available to an enrolled recipient within minutes1.
If you send money to someone who isn't enrolled with Zelle®, they will receive a notification prompting them to enroll. After enrollment, the money will be available in your recipient's account, typically within minutes1.
If your payment is pending, we recommend confirming that the person you sent money to has enrolled with Zelle® and that you entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
If you're waiting to receive money, you should check to see if you've received a payment notification via email or text message. If you haven't received a payment notification, we recommend following up with the sender to confirm they entered the correct email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Still having trouble? Please contact Client Support at 877.839.2265.
Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message.
Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for Texas Capital Bank. When you use Zelle® within our mobile app or online banking, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your bank account safe.
If you don't know the person, or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle® for these types of transactions.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk). Neither Texas Capital Bank nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
Your email address or U.S. mobile phone number may already be enrolled with Zelle® at another bank or credit union. Call Client Support at 877.839.2265 and ask them to move your email address or U.S. mobile phone number to Texas Capital Bank so you can use it for Zelle®.
Once Client Support moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your Texas Capital Bank account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle® through the Texas Capital Bank mobile banking app and online banking. Please call Texas Capital Bank’s Client Support at 877.839.2265 for help.
1. U.S. checking or savings account required to use Zelle®. Transactions between enrolled consumers typically occur in minutes.
2. Payment requests to persons not already enrolled with Zelle® must be sent to an email address.
3. To send or receive money with a small business, both parties must be enrolled with Zelle® directly through their financial institution’s online or mobile banking experience
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details.
Zelle® and the Zelle® related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Copyright© 2022 Texas Capital Bank. All rights reserved. Terms and conditions apply