TCBI announces operating results for Q4 2017
Published on Jan 24, 2018
DALLAS - January 24, 2018 - Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: TCBI), the parent company of Texas Capital Bank, announced earnings and operating results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2017.
“We are pleased to finish 2017 with strong operating results, including record earnings. The strong loan and deposit growth in 2017 positions us well as we move into 2018," said Keith Cargill, CEO. "We are focused on developing our talent and leveraging our people with improved technology as we gain efficiencies and improve client experience."
- Q4 2017 was negatively impacted by a $17.6 million ($0.35 per share) write-off of our deferred tax asset ("DTA") as a result of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the "Tax Act"). The amount of the write-off is expected to be recovered during 2018 from cash tax savings resulting from the Tax Act.
- Net income decreased 24% on a linked quarter basis and decreased 8% from the fourth quarter of 2016
- EPS decreased 25% on a linked quarter basis and decreased 13% from the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Loans held for investment ("LHI"), excluding mortgage finance, increased 4% on a linked quarter basis and 18% from the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Total mortgage finance loans, including mortgage correspondent loans ("MCA loans"), decreased 4% on a linked quarter basis and increased 16% from the fourth quarter of 2016.
- Demand deposits decreased 5% and total deposits remained flat on a linked quarter basis (increased 4% and 8% on an average basis, respectively), and decreased 2% and increased 12%, respectively, from the fourth quarter of 2016.