TCBI announces operating results for Q3 2017
Published on Oct 18, 2017
DALLAS - October 18, 2017 - Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: TCBI), the parent company of Texas Capital Bank, announced earnings and operating results for the third quarter of 2017.
“We are extremely pleased to report results for another great quarter, with record earnings, continued core loan and deposit growth and seasonally strong mortgage finance balances. We continue to be optimistic about our earnings power for the remainder of 2017," said Keith Cargill, CEO. "While we remain well positioned to take advantage of future business opportunities, we also remain cautious as we are late in a recovery cycle."
- Loans held for investment ("LHI"), excluding mortgage finance, increased 4% on a linked quarter basis, growing 17% from the third quarter of 2016.
- Total mortgage finance loans, including MCA, increased 9% on a linked quarter basis and increased 18% from the third quarter of 2016.
- Demand deposits increased 1% and total deposits increased 10% on a linked quarter basis, decreasing 6% and increasing 5%, respectively, from the third quarter of 2016.
- Net income increased 15% on a linked quarter basis and increased 37% from the third quarter of 2016.
- EPS increased 15% on a linked quarter basis and increased 29% from the third quarter of 2016.
- ROE increased to 11.20% compared to 10.08% for the second quarter of 2017 and 10.20% for the third quarter of 2016.